SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the merchandising department
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Responsible for other tasks as may be required for efficient operation of the department.
* Assist in the developing, maintaining, designing, selecting and launch of new and continuing product lines.
* Internal Communication & Coordination – Create and maintain Merchandising Documents that is used by all departments as a primary source of information. Ensure documents are updated regularly, accurately and communicated to all necessary departments. Maintain an organized system for collecting, saving and updating this information.
* Vendor Maintenance & Communication – Gather and organize vendor information including pricing, samples and specifications. Assist in vendor communication.
* Website & LookBook Maintenance – Work closely with Marketing & Training to ensure all information on our website & LookBook are up to date and accurate.
* Photo Shoots, Photography & Product Wall Updates – Organize and order products and swatches.
* Color Coordination Charts – Responsible for maintaining the color coordination charts and assisting in the color matching process.
* Project Coordination – Assist Merchandising in meeting deployment dates and takes responsibility for specific projects and deliver on time.
* Internal Analysis & Competitive Research – Gather accurate competitive research on pricing and product offering from our competitors. Maintain an organized system for collecting and saving this information. Prepare other analysis and reports required by the merchandising department.
* Product Standards – Organize and maintain the product standard for all our products.
* Support Merchandising and other departments wherever and whenever your skills and experience would be beneficial.
* Ability to Multi-task, work independently
* Proficient in Excel. Able to create spreadsheets, manage versions and know basic formulas and functions.
* Additional computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc..
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees may be required to work overtime as business dictates, and schedules are always flexible and subject to change depending on business levels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or Associate’s degree (AA/AS) from a community college or trade school, preferably in Merchandising/Marketing/Communication/Interior Design; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from stores and other departments
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to accept responsibility and to make decisions independently and with discretion.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to function in a fast paced environment and meet scheduled deadlines. Handle multiple projects simultaneously, accept responsibility and make sound decisions. Capable of sitting at a desk and computer for long periods of time, using phones, and PC almost continuously during the day. Capable of standing, walking, reaching, bending, and stooping.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
* The environment is standard office and the noise level is usually quiet.
<< Previous Page