The District Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Providing the education, leadership and support required for their team of Design Consultants to be effective at generating new business, effectively and efficiently servicing client needs, and closing profitable sales.
- Managing the District in terms of achieving budget and sales targets through lead generation, close rate, order size and service recovery at the district level.
- Managing showroom team productivity and operations.
Build, Develop, recruit and retain a winning team of active, aggressive entrepreneurial Design Consultants (DC).
- Instill accountability to individual DC sales/marketing activity, through daily interaction centered around constructive questioning & dialogue
- Develop & refine sales skills and techniques through effective facilitation of weekly DC meetings/conference calls
- Educate sales team on products, service offerings, and newest promotions
- Increase success rate of DC prospecting by participating in their networking activities
- Develop DC ability to increase self generated leads, close rate and average order size through in-field coaching
- Minimize errors and service recovery costs by coaching on correct techniques for measuring windows recovery costs
- Keep abreast of competitive activities and in window treatment market conditions/trends and educate team accordingly
- Motivate & hold DC’s accountable to capturing sales opportunities through in-person community events, Strategic Business Partnerships, business-to-business and client relationships, and targeted neighborhood canvassing
- Identify prospective client markets/hotspots and help develop creative strategies for selling into them
- Work with marketing department to help develop repeatable programs which yield high self generated lead returns
Recruiting and Retention:
- Meet sales hiring targets by continuously prospect for new DC talent and utilize designated recruiting service to source DCs where and when they are most needed or opportune
- Conduct annual appraisals of direct reports’ performance and take corrective action as required
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, advising corrective action, and communicating with clients and Anaheim Service Center
- Manage & control showroom staffing/scheduling, budgets and all payroll/non-payroll expenses
- Develop and ensure that quality standards are maintained and clients satisfied by evaluating DC’s on client ride-alongs, and visiting showrooms
Skills and Competencies:
- Previous leadership experience in direct sales
- 5+ years of successful experience leading, motivating, and developing a highly dynamic and aggressive outside sales team.
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Out of the box prospecting abilities.
- Established professional network in local community preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for mentoring and coaching sales employees to success.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, unstructured work environment.
- Strong and effective communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours to participate in evening and weekend events.
- Must possess strong communication skills, a strong worth ethic, high energy, enthusiasm, and a passion for window treatment products and benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Integrity / One Team / Superior Client Experience / Excellence / Passion
<< Previous Page