Cellular Shade Material
Multiple Opacity Levels
- Transparent fabrics - such as Sheer and SemiSheer allow the most light into the room, providing a great view to the outside and minimal privacy.
- Light Filtering fabrics - provides privacy, while still allowing in soft, diffused light through the windows.
- Room Darkening fabrics - provide total privacy and are our best products for blocking light. This is a good choice for day sleepers or eliminating glare on TV and computer screens. This fabric is very effective at reducing heating and cooling bills.
- MiniCell - has a single layer of 3/8” honeycomb cells to insulate and is available in light filtering and room darkening materials.
- MidCell - has a single layer of 1/2” honeycomb cells to insulate and is available in light filtering and room darkening materials.
- GrandCell - has a single layer of 3/4” honeycomb cells to insulate and is available in sheer, semi-sheer, light filtering and room darkening materials.
- TwinCell - has two layers of 3/8” honeycomb cells to help insulate windows and provide excellent energy efficiency. It is available in light filtering and room darkening materials.
- TripleCell - has three layers of 3/8” honeycomb cells to prevent large amounts of heat transfer, making it energy efficient and the best insulator of our light filtering fabrics.
Cellular Shade Operation
- Standard - All our Corded Cellular Shades utilize our color coordinated, low profile headrail system. Raise and lower your Honeycomb Shade to any desired position using our easy to use cord lock system.
- Top Down Bottom Up - This feature allows the Honeycomb Shade to be both lifted from the bottom and lowered from the top. This is an ideal choice for bedrooms and bathrooms because light can be allowed in at the top of the window without compromising privacy.
- Top Down - This feature allows the shade to be lowered from the top rather than lifted from the bottom. This is also an ideal choice for bedrooms and bathrooms because light can be allowed in at the top of the window without compromising privacy.
- DuoShade® - This state of the art design combines two fabrics with different opacity levels in one Honeycomb Shade. Use the sheer shade on top to gently diffuse light during the day and the more opaque shade on the bottom for complete privacy at night.
- Standard Cordless - Cellular Shades are raised and lowered with a handle mounted to the bottom rail. This option gives the window a clean, cord free appearance is safer for children and pets. A telescoping reach pole is available for shades mounted in higher windows out of normal reach.
- Top Down Bottom Up Cordless - This combines the convenience of a Cordless Honeycomb Shade with Top Down Bottom Up. This feature allows the shade to be both lifted from the bottom and lowered from the top. Two handles attached to the mid rail and bottom rail make for easy operation. This eliminates the pull cords making it a safer option for children and pets.
Continuous Cord Loop System
The Continuous Cord Loop operating system is a great choice for larger windows. A tension pulley neatly affixes to the wall or window casing allowing for smooth, easy operation of your Cellular Shades and makes it safer for children and pets.
Motorized With Remote Control
Cellular Shades can be ordered with motorized headrail which lifts and lowers the shades with a single or five channel portable remote control or wall unit. This feature is ideal for operating shades on hard to reach windows and for operating several shades at once with the touch of a button. Cellular Shades can even be programmed to automatically open and close at specific times of the day and night. Elimination of lift cords is also safer for children and pets.
Two Cellular Shades are connected by one continuous headrail. This is a great feature for windows with multiple openings because the right and left shades operate independently. 2-on-1 headrail is available regardless of how you select to operate your Honeycomb Shade.
Operating on a track system, this product is perfect for sliding glass doors since it stacks vertically to the right, left, center or split draw (to both side) of the window. Hunter Douglas manufactures Applause Vertiglide to coordinate with several 3 Day Blinds Honeycomb Shade fabrics so it will coordinate perfectly in rooms where 3 Day Blinds Cellular Shades are on adjacent windows.
This Honeycomb Shade is perfect for skylights. It operates on a track system, surrounded by a 4-sided frame, eliminating light gaps, preventing drafts and can be stacked to the top, bottom or side. Available with an extension pole for hard to reach windows. Hunter Douglas manufactures Applause Simplicity to coordinate with several 3 Day Blinds Honeycomb Shade fabrics so it will coordinate perfectly in rooms where 3 Day Blinds Cellular Shades are on adjacent windows.
Cellular Shade Specialty Shapes
Cellular Shades are our most versatile when it comes to covering windows of diverse shape:
- Perfect Arch
- Perfect Half Arch
- Imperfect Arch
- Imperfect Half Arch
- Eyebrow Arch
- Eyebrow Half Arch
- Oblong Arch
- Oblong Half Arch
- Bread Box
- Angle Top
Cellular Shade Upgrades
Used to project the Honeycomb Shade up to 3” from the mounting surface, Extension Brackets are ideal if your shade must clear an obstruction such as window molding, a sliding glass door handle or window crank.
Extension Pole for Cordless
For easy operation of your Cordless Cellular Shades mounted in higher windows out of normal reach, a telescoping pole is available.
Cellular Shade No Charge Options
Cellular Shades can be mounted to the inside of the window frame at the top or sides, this is called an Inside Mount. Most people prefer an Inside Mount because it provides a customized, tailored look and leave decorative molding and window sills exposed.
Outside Mount is when a Honeycomb Shade is mounted to the wall or molding surrounding the window. Outside Mount is ideal if there is not enough mounting depth for your Honeycomb Shade in the window frame. Other reasons to choose an Outside Mount include making a window appear larger, allowing the product to stack above or to the side in order to provide an unobstructed view or maximizing privacy by eliminating light gaps.
You can choose to have the lift cord to raise/lower your Honeycomb Shade on either the right or left side.
Control lengths are available in selected lengths to accommodate a variety of window heights.
Spacers are available for use on windows with a projected molding. They are 3/8" thick and allow the shade to be mounted flush with the outside edge of any standard window molding.
Hold Down Brackets
Hold Down Brackets are used to secure the bottom of a Honeycomb Shade when it is mounted to a door or used in a motor home.
Availability of options and upgrades will vary based on the materials and product operation selected.