Pleated Shade Material
Multiple Opacity Levels
- Transparent fabrics allow the most light into the room, providing a great view to the outside and minimal privacy.
- Light Filtering fabrics provides privacy, while still allowing in soft, diffused light through the windows.
- Standard 1” Pleat is a bold 1” pleat.
- Micro Pleat is a more refined 1/2” pleat.
Pleated Shade Operation
- Standard - All our Corded Pleated Shades utilize our color coordinated, low profile headrail system. Raise and lower your Pleated Shade to any desired position using our easy to use cord lock system.
- Top Down Bottom Up - This feature allows the Pleated Shade to be both lifted from the bottom and lowered from the top. This is an ideal choice for bedrooms and bathrooms because light can be allowed in at the top of the window without compromising privacy.
- Top Down - This feature allows the shade to be lowered from the top rather than lifted from the bottom. This is also an ideal choice for bedrooms and bathrooms because light can be allowed in at the top of the window without compromising privacy.
- DuoShade® - This state of the art design combines two fabrics with different opacity levels in one Pleated Shade. Use the sheer shade on top to gently diffuse light during the day and the more opaque shade on the bottom for complete privacy at night.
Continuous Cord Loop System
The Continuous Cord Loop operating system is a great choice for larger windows. A tension pulley that neatly affixes to the wall or window casing allows for smooth, easy operation of your Pleated Shades. Though inner cords are exposed, the tension pulley system makes the shade safer for children and pets.
Motorized With Remote Control
Pleated Shades can be ordered with a motorized headrail that lifts and lowers the shades with a single or five channel portable remote control or wall unit. This feature is ideal for operating shades on hard to reach windows and for operating several shades at once with the touch of a button. Pleated Shades can even be programmed to automatically open and close at specific times of the day and night. Inner cords are exposed but the elimination of lift cords makes it a safer option for children and pets.
Two Pleated Shades are connected by one continuous headrail. This is a great feature for windows with multiple openings because the right and left shades operate independently. Regardless of how you select to operate your Pleated Shade you can have them 2-on-1 headrail.
Pleated Shade Specialty Shapes
Pleated Shades are very versatile when it comes to covering windows of diverse shape:
- Perfect Arch
- Perfect Half Arch
- Imperfect Arch
- Imperfect Half Arch
- Eyebrow Arch
- Eyebrow Half Arch
- Oblong Arch
- Oblong Half Arch
- Bread Box
- Angle Top
Pleated Shade Upgrades
Used to project the Pleated Shade up to 3” from the mounting surface, Extension Brackets are ideal if your shade must clear an obstruction such as window molding, a sliding glass door handle or window crank.
A light filtering or room darkening Privatine liner can be added to standard 1” Pleated Shades for additional light control, privacy and insulation.
Pleated Shade No Charge Options
Pleated Shades can be mounted to the inside of the window frame at the top or sides, this is called an Inside Mount. Most people prefer an Inside Mount because it provides a customized, tailored look and leave decorative molding and window sills exposed.
Outside Mount is when a Pleated Shade is mounted to the wall or molding surrounding the window. Outside Mount is ideal if there is not enough mounting depth for your Pleated Shade in the window frame. Other reasons to choose an Outside Mount include making a window appear larger, allowing the product to stack above or to the side in order to provide an unobstructed view or maximizing privacy by eliminating light gaps.
You can choose to have the lift cord to raise/lower your Pleated Shade on either the right or left side.
Control lengths are available in selected lengths to accommodate a variety of window heights.
Spacers are available for use on windows with a projected molding. They are 3/8" thick and allow the shade to be mounted flush with the outside edge of any standard window molding.
Hold Down Brackets
Hold Down Brackets are used to secure the bottom of a Pleated Shade when it is mounted to a door or used in a motor home.
Availability of options and upgrades will vary based on the materials and product operation selected.