Your Quick Guide to Window Blinds & Shades for Doors
Let's start with the basics. Which door of your home are you looking to cover with window blinds? Because doors can vary in size and application, it is essential to consider which door will help you choose which window blinds are best for covering doors. To put this in perspective, you would probably cover a sliding glass door differently than a french door. Let's look at how you would use window blinds on different doors.
- Vertical Blinds - Our vertical blinds are one of our most commonly used products when finding blinds for large sliding glass doors, patio doors, or oversized windows. Vertical blinds are also great at helping control or shape light in your room. These window blinds are mounted above or in your door and run along a track. The blinds come with a wand to control the openness of the slats.
- Wood Blinds - Looking to bring some of the outdoors into your home? Wood blinds are a timeless classic that helps bring visual warmth into any space. Wood Blinds come in various finishes and stains and are great blinds for french doors. These window treatments are also great for controlling light in your area, and much like Vertical Blinds, they come with a tilt wand to control the openness of the blinds.
- Roman Shades - Maybe the natural look for your french doors or front entry door doesn't fit your design style. Fear not; 3 Day Blinds has plenty of fabrics and products to choose from. Our Roman Shades are an excellent option for anyone looking to bring more colorful or patterned options into their home. Roman Shades have 100s of fabrics to choose from. Working with your design consultant will help you find the perfect match for your existing decor. Motorized Roman Shades are an impressive addition and with the help of the 3 Day Blinds Smart Hub, you can control your shades from anywhere in the world. Take control and go motorized today.
Aside from the 100s of options to choose from and the visual diversity that window blinds and shades provide, here are a few additional benefits:
- Increased Privacy - As with most window treatments, you add a sense of privacy and security to your home by keeping unwanted eyes from looking in. Our products are customizable with privacy liners to ensure your private moments remain private. Ask your design consultant about light filtering and room darkening liners.
- Child Safety - Window treatment cords and kids don't mix. Opting for cordless or motorized options for your blinds is a surefire way to keep window cords out of spaces children use.
- The Perfect Fit for any Style - Since there is so much variety in window blinds and shades, it's easy to find a style and material that is just right for the room you are designing, but don't take our word for it - schedule a FREE in-home design consultation to learn more!
3 Day Blinds Design Consultant will provide you with invaluable advice and experience in choosing your window treatments. What does a typical consultation look like?
- Expert design advice. We've been doing this for over 40 years, we know how to transform your space.
- Present an entire sample set for fabric and materials to see what exactly it will look like in your home's lighting. Lighting is everything, shopping in big box stores does not allow you to match your window treatments to your existing home decor.
- Precise measuring, custom manufacturing options & how installation works.
- No obligation to buy. That's right, our design consultations are 100% free.
- Our consultations normally last about 2 hours.
- Custom Same Day Quote
If you decide to order with 3 Day Blinds we provide the quickest turnaround times for custom made high-quality window treatments.
3 Day Blinds takes care of the whole process for you while making sure to achieve a beautiful look that serves all the functions you want your window treatments to serve. Don't just take our word for it, read customer testimonials and see what makes 3 Day Blinds the ultimate custom solution to beautify your home.