The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you in different situations and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Home Improvement Contract and Consultation Information||We collect your name and contact information, such as your email address, home address, phone number, and zip code.||We use the information you provided to schedule an in-home consultation with a professional design consultant, to contact you regarding our products, or to reach out to you for customer service purposes. We use this information to fulfill our purchase or home improvement contract with you.|
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites. See the cookies section below for more information.||We use this technology to participate in behavior-based advertising and capturing website analytics. Additionally, some cookies are placed with your consent.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. Some emails may be branded from 3 Day Blinds but actually come from a third party marketing partner.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our contract of employment, administer insurance or benefits, or the anticipation of a contract of employment with you. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
|We use this information for receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for our email lists we collect your email address. You may also receive postal mail from us.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, account information, and payment card number when you place an order.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with other companies.||We use this information to fulfill our promotions.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We use it for detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Third Party Partners. We may share information with outside partners we work with, including, but not limited to, design consultants and installation providers, in connection with matters relating to your 3 Day Blinds’ consultation or orders.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party subcontractor.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer's behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not received both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information if allowed under applicable law:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by using our portal. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. Link is: https://hdug.exterro.net/portal/dsar.htm?target=3_Day_Blinds
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. You may submit a request to delete your information using our portal. Link is: https://hdug.exterro.net/portal/dsar.htm?target=3_Day_Blinds
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications. If an email is provided by a third party marketing partner, we may direct you to that partner to opt-out of those emails.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables a variety of features and functionality. Cookies can do this because websites can read and write them, enabling websites to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
We use a variety of cookie types:
- Preference Cookies. Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the websites accordingly.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the website to work and to enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these cookies, websites will not perform as intended and we may not be able to provide our website or certain services or features you request.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the website, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on a website, help us record any difficulties you have with a website, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage, rather than the usage of a single person.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising cookies are used for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to control and erase cookies through their settings preferences. Note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. Additionally,
some features may work improperly or not at all.
Other Improtant Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information To Other Countries. 3 Day Blinds will store and process your personal information in California, U.S.A., or, from time to time, in other locations that 3 Day Blinds decides are necessary or convenient in order to provide you with efficient and effective services. Nonetheless, in certain circumstances, we may process your information in a foreign county where the privacy laws differ than in the United States. As such, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser's audio reader.
If you would like to request access to or deletion of your personal information as described in the “Your Choices” section above please click here or contact us using the information listed below.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
3 Day Blinds
1340 Reynolds Ave #116-1008
Irvine, CA 92614
Last Revised Date: June 15, 2020
Effective Date: June 15, 2020