Window treatment cord safety is at the top of our priority list. 3 Day Blinds is dedicated to providing the very best choices possible for you and your family. You can have the beauty and functionality you desire, without having to compromise on safety.
3 Day Blinds has been an active part of the child and pet safety dialogue, partnering closely with the Window Coverings Safety Council, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Window Covering Manufacturers Association, to ensure our window treatments adhere to the highest industry standards.
Because children and window cords don't mix, we have provided a number of child safety tips for you.
Recommended Window Treatments - Best For Kids
3 Day Blinds continues to excel in the area of child safety and prevention, from both a design and manufacturing standpoint. Recently we received 'Best for Kids' certification from the Window Covering Safety Council on several of our products.
For Assistance in selecting products which fits your needs and is safer for your child, ask one of our in-home Design Consultants or call our Client Care Team: 877-712-3329
- Cordless Honeycomb Shades
- Motorized Honeycomb Shades
- Ultralift Honeycomb Shades
- Motorized Horizontal Sheer Shades
- Cordless Roller Shades
- Motorized Roller Shades
- Cordless Vertical Blinds
What is “Best for Kids?” To help make it easier for parents and caregivers, the 'Best for Kids' certification program launched in October 2016 by the Window Covering Manufacturers Association (WCMA) to assist in educating consumers about potential window-cord hazards facing young children and informs consumers in making the right choice when selecting window coverings. It's the industry's first third party certification program designed to help consumers and retailers identify window covering products that are best suited for use in homes with young children. In order to be eligible for this certification, manufacturers must meet the specified program criteria, and submit their window covering products to a designated third party testing laboratory. Once products pass testing they may be labeled 'Best for Kids'. Products that qualify for 'Best for Kids' either have no cords, no operating cords and inner cords that are accessible, or if accessible inner cords are present in products with no operating cords, the accessible inner cords cannot create a hazardous loop.
In addition to designing window treatments that meet or exceed the stringent guidelines of the ECSC, CPSC, WCMA, and other industry trade associations, all products manufactured by 3 Day Blinds are in conformance with the current voluntary American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards for corded window coverings products.
3 Day Blinds is committed to improving child safety with all of its products. In addition to the high safety standards mentioned earlier, the following additional suggestions can help optimize your home as a safer environment for children:
- Replace all window coverings in the home made before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Install only cordless window coverings in young children's bedrooms and sleeping areas.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords, inner lift cords and back cords out of the reach of children.
- Tasseled pull cords are always out of reach, whether the window treatment is raised or lowered.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a windowsill
- Cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords
3 Day Blinds also offers treatments that are considered kid friendly - these treatments are not certified by any of the above organizations.
The list of kid friendly treatments are as follows:
- Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Honeycomb / Cellular Shades
- Cordless Roman Shades
- UltraLift Cordless™ Wood Blinds
- UltraLift Cordless™ Faux Wood Blinds
- Motorized Roman Shades
- Drapery Panels / Curtains
- Motorized Pleated Shades